Thu, 09 Feb|
Frankston - Full details will be provided
3-day Herbal Apothecary Workshop – Frankston Victoria
This workshop aims to give you the confidence and knowledge needed to use medicinal herbs safely and effectively for both chronic disease and first aid situations.
Time & Location
09 Feb 2023, 10:00 am AEDT – 11 Feb 2023, 4:00 pm AEDT
Frankston - Full details will be provided
About the event
Please Note: This workshop is only available to CoVisionary members, whom have signed up, paid their membership, and have undertaken or waiting to undertake their Appraisal. Those who wish to attend, and are not yet CoVision Members; will need to join CoVision prior to purchasing a ticket to this event. Join CoVision
This is a hands-on practical course, using herbs and natural preparations readily available to most people.
Our experienced Medicinal Herbalist Sarah, will be travelling from Western Australia to facilitate this course; we are blessed to have Sarah in our CoVision family.
The course runs from 10am-4pm daily from February 9 through February 11, 2023 inclusive and will be held in Frankston Victoria (exact location will be emailed to you on registration).
Over the 3 days, participants will learn:
- General introduction | to herbal medicine, the history, safety, how we use herbs and why herbs have medicinal properties.
- Herbal medicinal categories | The most important categories of medicinal herbs (butter, demulcent, adaptogenic, astringent, hormone modulating, etc), and why it is important you understand these. This will involve tasting and feeling to get a good understanding of the properties.
- Herbal preparations | How we make and use poultices, tinctures, lineaments, syrups, infusions, ointments, vinegars, oxymels, etc.
- Botany | Recognition of common plant families and the medicinal properties commonly associated with these families. Understanding of flowering plant biology.
- 20 (or so ) very useful, easy to grow herbs | and the range of things we can do with them.
- How Not To Die! | Herbal first aid for cuts, bruises, burns, stings, bites, etc.
- Kitchen medicine | Our kitchen cupboards can be a treasure trove of medicinal herbs. Common vegetables and spices used as medicine.
- Magic (sort of) | Stepping into the mysterious world of herbal energetic s. We’ll all get to have a go at experiencing a range of different herbal energies. We will also explore the incredible complexity of medicinal herbs.
- Herbal approaches for different areas of health | Herbs for energy, longevity and brain health; herbs for digestive and gastrointestinal woes; liver herbs; herbs for respiratory issues; herbs for cardiovascular health; herbs for mood and sleep disorders; herbs for kidneys and urinary system; and herbs for the musculoskeletal system.
- Case histories | Picked from the thousands of patients I have worked with, and anonymised, these will be used throughout the workshop to illustrate herbal medicine in practice.
- Adjuncts | These days, herbalists get to add nutritional supplements along with dietary and lifestyle advice to their treatments. These will be discussed throughout the workshop.
CoVision has obtained special accommodation rates locally near Frankston, for those that wish to stay close by to the venue, or for those that are travelling a distance to attend. Please email email@example.com for accommodation booking enquiries; you are of course welcome to arrange you own accommodation.
Participant cost is $150 for the 3-day course, which includes lunch daily, as well as herbal tea and coffee; please bring your own alternative beverages. Please ensure you complete the dietary restrictions form, which will be emailed to you once your order has been processed (please keep an eye on your junk and spam mail)
Participants are capped to a maximum of 50, so please ensure you book soon to secure your spot. Bookings close 26 January 2023, and tickets are non-refundable, as the ticket price covers the costs of venue hire and Sarah travelling from Perth to Melbourne to run the workshop. If the event is cancelled by CoVision, you will receive a full refund.